View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2015, 07:51

w3526602 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Something to ask about ...

The vehicle and registration and taxation laws in UK refer to "a vehicle or anything that was once a vehicle", or words of that effect. I sometimes wonder if that could include trailers made from car/van chassis/bodies. ??? I'm not aware of anybody having been done ... yet.

I believe trailer laws in France differ from UK. A British car can pull a French caravan, after changing the number plate, as British insurance covers the trailer. But a French car cannot pull a British caravan, because in France, caravans require their own insurance (and registration). I suspect that small trailers (under 500kg? 750kg) are exempt from separate insurance?

I have seen a Reliant Robin set up as a trailer. The wheels were in the wheel arches, but I think the body may have been mounted on a small boat trailer, so it wouldn't not have been regarded as "once a car". I looked good, was parked in Pontardawe, South Wales. A complete Reliant Robin weighs under 8cwt (I'll let you do the maths, 8 times 112 divide by 2.2 = kgs)

Trailer carrying dingy, dressed up like a pirate ship?