Thread: G46 V8 Mk1
View Single Post
Old 26th March 2012, 18:52

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road
Default Various

Pat- 1mm cutting discs essential best innovation since expanding foam and cable ties.

Garyh - no the front flip (or as the yanks say "clip") is permanently fixed the only access being through the bonnet, however there is so much room in front of the engine that you can stand in there and work on the engine.

Mister Towed - They are my feet (Peter) in the shoes, not trusted with a camera yet, hopefully she will be a beauty as pretty as her older / little sister the the spyder.

Davecymru - yes the body looks far better in a dark colour our gel coats id "Sunseeker Blue" I believe. Do not ask the final colour as that will be the hardest decision to make we currently have at least 20 colour combinations that we like the chopping up and rebuilding is easy, I dread having to choose the colour!

housemartin - Top of the doors and rear bulkhead are approx 600mm above top chassis rail may be able to drop below the chassis rail but space limited because it was only the footwell for the rear seats, may be able to get 450mm sq seat in there but will be tight. What height is in the spyder with and without the sunken footwells. The seating position with this type of car in the day was always "on top" rather than "in"