View Single Post
Old 1st November 2015, 18:01
Enthusiast

pompeyal is on a distinguished road
Default The Throttle body

I now discovered a major problem, the throttle body inlet was looking straight at the clutch master cylinder, now that’s not good, I had a few options here, I could either buy a set of individual throttle bodies or go the hard way and modify the one I had..

Well a challenge it was then, there seems to be a theme going on here, if I can go the hard way then that’s the way to go, my thoughts on these things are, anyone with enough money can go and buy all the nice new goodies and bolt them on but I wanted to make this mine so the modification was the way to go.

So here goes (Caution: this part of the build took some time and I want to thank both my welder colleagues for all the work they put in for me here)

First things first, I need to cut and shut the ports to allow the throttle body and chamber to lift up and forward away from the clutch master cylinder, I decided where to cut and then machined both the cut faces flat and square.

After I checked the measurements and angles of the machined part, incase I needed to make further changes after a trial fit.

After checking there became a mismatch of the ports, this was expected and I was going to put in spacers later to compensate for the errors

A trial fit was done and the spacer thickness was determined

Once knowing the thickness the angle for each spacer was measured

Then I manufactured them

Once made all was cleaned and this is where my welders made it all come together, after lots of cursing of course

One side done….now for the other half