View Single Post
Old 6th May 2016, 14:21

davecymru is on a distinguished road

TBH given the strength of the Scrumpy around here (6% my @rse!) i could have probably used it to top the tank up if i'd run out of petrol on the way home

Little update.
The ethos behind my build was always to get the fendemental engineering/construction things right 1st time and get it on the road and enjoy it, then over time make it "a bit more posher".

So since passing the MOT i have started tinkering.
First job was brought on by the cheap chrome air filters i bought. They've done their job and look all shiny, but the foam has got clogged remarkably quickly and iv'e never especially liked the mesh as it looked like chicken wire

So i've decided to replace that with some of the stainless woven mesh made from my leftover grill material. And what a difference using a quality material makes!

Then the next job was caused my a bit of a 'misunderstanding' of mine during the original build. Well... basically i bought headlamps without sidelights in them and i hadn't fitted separate sidelights <doh>

So for the last year I've been running with these 'temporary' lights, which while they are effective they aren't exactly what i wanted.

So i dug out the Lucas ones that i'd originally bought and i've now fitted sidelights into them and replaced the temporary ones and what a difference it makes to the front of the car!

But that's enough for now, it's sunny and dry so i need to test out how practical these modifications are in real driving conditions