View Single Post
Old 6th April 2014, 07:06

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Has anybody attempted to hinge the hump like in this photo, it looks like a cool solution for a rear boot lid.

Attachment 1128
That hinged head fairing wouldn't be particularly difficult to pull off and it sure looks cool. There is no right or wrong with these cars, it's your project and you build it how you want it, so if you'd like a hinged hump just go ahead and make one!

Without trying to blow my own trumpet too much, some of the modifications I made along the way show what's possible if you put your mind to it. Near the end of my build I saw a 50's Jag with loads of louvres in its bonnet and I thought 'I'd like some louvres in my bonnet...' So, a £3.49 aluminium airing cupboard vent from ebay and a little ingenuity later -

I also wanted a different dash design to the 'standard' flat panel, so I sourced a moulding taken from a Porsche 550 Spyder and made it fit -

This is the traditional dash layout as expertly put together as it's possible for it to be (Barry's car) -

Very nice indeed, but I wanted the instruments ahead of the driver rather than in the centre of the car, so this was my solution -

Dash moulding from a 550 Spyder.

Not a great fit out of the box.

Bit of 'cut and paste'

To end up with something a bit different -

Just remember what Yoda has to say about Sammio/Ribble building - impossible, is nothing.