View Single Post
Old 20th January 2016, 22:21

reiz2001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrich View Post
Hi Alex,

I remember this black car coming up 5 years ago....the builder had unfortunately passed away in a motorcycle crash and his wife was selling the car. It was around Warrington somewhere I think? Where are you based?

It is an early Mk1 car with the Mk1 rear suspension....so I would definitely modify that to reduce the bumpsteer. Loads of posts on here about options on how to do so.

Noise - should be fine if you have the cat (mine was an original 1.6k series and less than 98db)....I ran the standard backbox with seperate cat and it was fine. Are you using a calibrated meter to measure it? Many of the smartphone apps aren't any where near to calibration.

Rich
Hi Rich, that's right about the vehicle history, or as much as I know at least. thanks for letting me know about the suspension, wish I'd read up more on these cars!! Haha! I'll get there I hope.

It is loud as a 1.6 but I can't tell how loud. It has a cat welded into the main exhaust - hoping it is within any limits as you've suggested.

Got my donor 200 vi tonight so will be dropping in the vvc at some point. Does anyone have any advice about the gearbox mount, clutch cable and gear change?

Cheers,

Alex