View Single Post
Old 18th April 2013, 21:52

morris is on a distinguished road

Hi Mike,

I'm using 10mm ID SAE 30 R6 hose from tank to pump to swirl pot and back and it was a very snug fit getting it onto the tank outlets so I don't think I've quite the same problem as you. I'm using the proper mini clips throughout too rather than jubilees as I'd heard they can not get the best seal.

What I plan to do on the weekend is get the car back up on stands as I need to go under and measure up for the propshaft anyway so I'll give all the hoses up the tunnel a good check in case I've nicked one of them accidently while drilling or something. I'll also be able to double check all the clips are nice and tight under the rear at the same time.

One other thing along the same lines as what you say is that the barbed 10mm outlets on my swirl pot are a bit smooth so the 10mm hose slides on and off a little too easily so that may be a source of a slight leak and that is also the main area that stinks the most. I had a go swapping the return for 8mm hose with a proper 10-8mm adapter on earlier to see if that would improve things but haven't got round to doing the inlet and rail return yet. Hopefully it will be something simple and I can leave the main lines alone

Fingers crossed
cheers
Ian