View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2013, 08:56

morris is on a distinguished road

I did a few things yesterday that hopefully will help.

- two out of 3 of the badly made 10mm outlets (more like 9mm) on my swirl pot now have 8mm hose stretched over them with an appropriately sized mini clip. Waiting on some more hose to do the 3rd one.
- Inspection plate on the tank and dip tube sender have been re-sealed with blue hylomar.
- Marlin supplied one way valve on the tank vent has been turned around so it only lets air in not out.
- The bottom inlet on my facet lifter pump had a very slow seep from the NTP-10mm adapter on the NTP side so that has had a little more torque applied. don't want to over do that though or I really will have proper leak

I've also noticed that my 'vented' filler cap seems to be venting continously which is not going to help. I thought the idea was it would let out excess gas if the tank got too warm and expanded. There is little chance of that happening in my garage. I'm going to tape a couple of food bags over it today and see if that is the source as the garage still smelled this morning even after all those other fixes