View Single Post
Old 27th July 2017, 08:28

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

...so there's nothing concrete about action from Maranello then, just vague rumours.

I seem to recall that Bentley had an issue with a certain rebody company copying one of their 'in production' models a few years back and I understand Mercedes had a Gullwing replica body destroyed in Germany, but the rules regarding ownership of historic designs and breach of copyright are very complicated indeed, especially across international borders.

I'd have thought that if Ferrari were threatening action against low-volume manufacturers of their historic model range they might have made it public themselves by now, which they don't appear to have done.

As for other manufacturers, the Chesil website states that Porsche UK send customers enquiring about buying a 356 Speedster to their doors, so they appear to have no issue with replication of their out of production range.

Until something official gets put in print I wouldn't worry too much about the rumours.

Right, time to start looking at alternative power sources for my 356 replica as I've heard a rumour that the Government wants to ban fossil fueled vehicles from the road and have us all drive around in flying cars powered by magic moon beams by 2040...