View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2013, 20:59

Hammy is on a distinguished road

Can I make a suggestion that the rake maybe better set through radius profiles rather than different suspension settings, also if you do stick with the current idea that you lower the front first and make a decision afterwards. I personally would never raise the suspension on any sports car. The weight distribution on the mx5 is 50/50 perfect and its known as one of the best handling sports cars. I have to say all of this is only my experience and opinion so I am not saying this is gospel. You could end up with a nose heavy (not literally) rwd car..... A whole new driving lesson

PS. If you get it wrong with tyre profiles its easier sorted than redoing the suspension and also if you are talking about investing an expensive matched set of pro fully adjustable shocks and springs then that's different but if you are just talking about swapping the rear springs for taller ones and the fronts for lowered ones then you'll have a confused car and almost certainly different spring rates front and rear

Last edited by Hammy; 23rd April 2013 at 21:35..