View Single Post
Old 31st March 2017, 12:34

davecymru is on a distinguished road

My how time flies, as i was just reminded that it was time for what is known by my sons as "the little red car" to have it's MOT!

Well it went in to my local garage last week and as some of you who've been around will remember, my local is a bit of a stickler (which is why i go to him!) and it passed 1st time with no advisories

So with that out of the way it was back to the garage for more tinkering with the cockpit heating/cooling.

After looking at the various controls and switches I've accumulated i decided to go for the Chrome levers and then came time to play with where to fit everything.

After a few hrs of sticking things in various locations (ooh err matron!) I've decided to go with a central location:

I found the shift pattern of the gear lever to be quite interesting and the plan is to make alloy panels and then mill an alloy geargate and bolt that on as a finishing piece.

With the template roughly right i transferred it to Alloy and fitted the control levers (i can't wait for the comments when people read "Demist" on the left control!) and I also decided on a location for the switch. Although the switch knob i plan to replace in alloy at some point.

I also decided to fit the lighter I've had since my old Sammio build that has "Cigar" written on end, as it just seems to fit and it also makes the car that little bit more Terry Thomas in character

Now time to disassemble all of that and make it look a bit more finished before i start looking at the 2 Vitesse heat exchangers i have in order to see if either of them is going to be of any use.