View Single Post
Old 13th June 2014, 13:21

1iTim is on a distinguished road

ok ladies and gents a couple of questions about how to measure the carbs specification. My 6port head has intake holes 1.25 inches in diameter, but the carb throats are 1.05. the intake manifold, on the head side, has sleeves that go inside the manifold smoothly into a nice matching rebate in the manifold, and these sleeves slot neatly into the head, but there is no rebate or step that these sleeves butt up to, creating a sharp expansion inside the head from 1.05 to 1.25 inches.

Is this set up called a 1.25 because thats the size of the head outer port? or would a 1.25 (1 1/4) be a measurement across the outer (air box side) throat of the carby (meaning i have twin H1s)?

If i do get some 1.25's will they have a larger 1.45 inch sleeve that is meant to slot into the head? I will avoid anything that involves machining the head.

i'm guessing that someone bought a 1300 short block and just bolted everything from the original engine onto it... If thats the case what are the things i need to look out for?

your input is valued...