View Single Post
Old 27th December 2016, 13:16

mcramsay is on a distinguished road
Default Windscreen fitting help

While waiting for my registration documents to come through I decided to have a go fitting the windscreen. I found some instructions on here for fitting which I followed, marking 60mm and 130 forward on the scuttle and cutting a slot. I now have the screen fitted with the Lower ally trim piece fitting well into the contours of the scuttle with the inner edge resting on top of the scuttle however a few things don't line up with some of the pictures I have been looking at, also the screen seems to have a fair bit of rake.

I don't see how I could move the screen anywhere else, if I tilt it up the aluminium trim piece no longer rests on the scuttle or fit in the countours, if o come any further back into the car then the aluminium trim inner edge will be right on the edge of the scuttle. Currently I have 1" between the edge of the scuttle and ally trim piece...

The reason I'm trying to be so accurate is from previous experience if the screen is in the wrong place then the wet weather gear is even harder to fit

Here are some pics... does it look about right?

Available from eBay