View Single Post
Old 5th June 2013, 22:31

NigelB is on a distinguished road

Many thanks to you all.

I'm chuffed to bits. And to make things even better my cooling system survived some very heavy traffic on the way back to the M4 this afternoon. I think its a bit marginal and am looking at a larger radiator (Ian's looks good) but the temp gauge sat at about 98 degrees in traffic with a 22/23 degree air temp. I'm running my cooling system at about 1.3 bar with a 40% approx. anti freeze so I would imagine the boiling point will be up to about 107/108 degrees. So I've got a bit to go but I need to watch it carefully over the summer.

Patrick, I don't know what Cats I'm using. And you certainly wouldn't want them. My route to a quick and in expensive exhaust system, prior to getting a full stainless one was to use the standard BMW front section, including Cats, fitted with some Jetex boxes at the back. The front section was something really cheap and cheerful off Ebay. The Cats are hopeless and if the pipe itself last more than a year I'll be surprised.!! But the system has achieved a very acceptable 91dBs against an IVA max of 99dBs.

Last edited by NigelB; 5th June 2013 at 22:37..