View Single Post
Old 27th March 2017, 20:27

retro200 is on a distinguished road
Default re-body

mot tester only tests for "roadworthiness" on the vehicle that he is presented with its not up to them to inform dvla of any changes thats up to the owner, they test what is presented to them on the day when i took mine for mot the coulor had changed from silver to white the tester said he had to enter the details as white as that was what he was presented with, a white car, not a silver car. the coulor is then changed after its mot,d when you re - register it with the dvla then your new mot ties up with your new v5. ive also heard that the dvla like any aftermarket f/glass bodys to come from a recognised source, as in established manufacturers the dvla ask for proof of this via a valid invoice/receipt for the new body at the time of re- registration, otherwise if you made your own body and it contravened the iva requirements at mot time as in sharp edges / dangerous protrusions etc then i think your mot man might refuse to test it or just simply fail it of course if its "iva friendly at the time of mot test then no problem then simply re-register it as what it now is .