View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2016, 12:51

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
Hi John, I had reason to look into design copyright at work this week and it's a minefield. The intellectual property Act 2014 now states that ownership of a design remains with a designer, even if the design has been commissioned and paid for by someone else/another business..............................I'm aware that some manufacturers - notably B*ntl*y and M*rc*d*s B*nz - have taken legal action to stop their cars being copied, so it could happen again with the likes of F*rrari, Porsch* or Mas*rati.
Ferrari used to be big on it too , not sure if its happened in recent times but in the 80's they legally destroyed some GTO moulds locally , a guy who used to convert 240Z's ...that I am pretty sure was to do with branding and useage of badge and not so much design , but I was new to the hobby then and not in a position to comment confidently on that ...

There was also a french guy building Ferrari replicas around that time ..he was using Ferrari parts and they were being registered as Ferrari's ...He was being taken to court by Ferrari , but it was looking like he might win on a technicality ....Just before the case was finished , he ''committed suicide'' in a hotel room ...