View Single Post
Old 20th August 2017, 10:32

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Welshkiwi - Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshkiwi View Post
...1. First love is the coupe, but with harsh nz weather (I.e UV etc) I am thinking of fibreglass being put under a bit of strain and stress through to roof area etc. so am thinking to start with a California with original roof/glass etc. if after a few years of that I am assuming it is possible to get a new back end kit and roll cage and do the coupe if desired....thoughts?...
Just a couple of thoughts on this...

Give the body panels are securely bonded into place, I guess removing the rear section of the convertible would be a pretty messy job, with the real risk of damaging something else in the process.

Also after a few years use on the road, you may have a job to match the colour of the new rear to the old front.

Personally, if you are concerned about the coupe body shell being under stress, you could always beef it up a bit.

As it wouldn't be too hard to add some extra fibreglass matting to the underside.

Although it would be worth double checking with Chris @ Tribute to ensure this wasn't going to cause any fitting/clearance issues.

Good luck, Paul.