Thread: 5exi vs Elise!
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2005, 11:25
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

Hi Scott.

Welcome to the forum. I like many on here are not experienced at building cars. I just have a keen interest and want to learn along the way. For me this was going to aways be a big learning curve. But to me this was all part of the fun. How else could you work with computers all day and learn how a sports car works!!! All the guys on here are very helpful and would aways help out if your stuck.

Cost wise as Dylan says is down to how you want to customise your project. When starting out I thought right stick to standard and to budget. Then things like I'll just change the dials and so on. But if you get a donor bubble 216 then this will save you some money as the donor has most if not all the bits needed. Apart from the little things like rivinuts and silly little things. But go for a turbo and things get a little more complex and cost a little more as you need to source some more parts that don't come with the donor.

Hope that helps.

PS put on your profile your location. And perhaps if your local to anyone, you could pop round and have a look.

John