View Single Post
Old 24th May 2016, 16:59

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie22 View Post
Nice job on that rear valance Mr T!

My! Did you ever get some flak on my thread re expensive paint jobs!!

I watched Wheeler dealers the other night, you know the one, where a really good mechanic does his best to sort out a complete rubbished wreck bought by an "expert" mouthy yobo
who knows sod-all about cars?

Well they were doing a VW van, and they paid £2000 to have
wait for it, the interior painted!! The inside of a van for goodness sake, that has to be a bit steep I think, considering it was all stripped out and prepped for the paint shop beforehand.
Cheers Scottie, been living with that valance for three years and it bugged me every time I pushed it out of the garage. Nobody else ever commented on it though.

You're absolutely right about Wheeler Dealers, I like the chap who can but the wide-boy gobshite isn't really my cup of tea. Reminds me too much of what has become of what was a pleasant rural community in my native county. Essex...

As for the unpleasantness over on the Tribute pages, sorry if I spoiled your build thread in any way, I didn't mean to get involved in a slag-off with a pro painter. I was just trying to offer an alternative view to the 'you must spend five grand to have your car professionally sprayed or it'll look crap' statement.

Funnily enough, the only people I see complaining about their paint failing over in Tribute world have paid a pro to paint their car for them. Strange that, when you think how much work and skill goes into a professional job.

Last edited by Mister Towed; 24th May 2016 at 17:05..