View Single Post
Old 11th February 2012, 22:12

woodsmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalamityD View Post
Have you considered a hybrid with the electric motor driving the front wheels, and something like a V-twin driving your rear wheel? Not sure if this violates your paradigm too awfully bad, but it may offer options for the rear that have not been previously considered...
Interesting thought but I want this vehicle is to be a plug in electric. Also I already have ICE transport to use. A nice big V twin, Harley or MotoGuzi, would make the trike so much easier to design and make work though.

I had thought about a V twin but in the form of two small motors geared together in a V form but then a huge 11" motor came along instead.

I have also thought about front wheel drive and three wheel drive but the current package keeps all the drive train on one small space leaving the battery pack over the front axle and the 'transmission' between the two in the form of flexible cables.

Currently the rear assembly is pretty much designed and I just need to make it an integral part of the rest of the vehicle chassis and then add a widened MGB front suspension.