Thread: Stewarts build
View Single Post
Old 6th October 2012, 11:32

Psycho pops is on a distinguished road

Since the inspection is out of the way my out riggers mysteriously fell off like so many before, this gave me the first opportunity to fit the bonnet.

It soon became apparent that there were issues to be resolved.

If I got the shut line as near to fit as possible the left hand side of the bonnet had no material left at the rear of the wheel arch,
This has been an issue with other builds and people cut and altered the bulk head to suit.

However if i pulled the bonnet further forward 50mm then that gave me the full width behind the front arch and clearance over my top radiator hose as well as allowing the bonnet to sit as low as I dare.

So decision made I gave it a start, firstly masking of the and trimming back to the new shut line
The rear of the masking tape is where i will build up the bulk head to the new closure line..

Then I layered a bed of fibre glass to extend the shut line and bonnet support lip, added a layer of bonding paste and topped again with more glass

Very much a works in progress hoping to end up with a close line that doesnt look kitcar and the strength across without risk of cracking, I will let you know how it goes..

Pops

Last edited by Psycho pops; 6th October 2012 at 12:14..