View Single Post
Old 6th September 2013, 08:22

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charman.tech View Post
Towed

I thought that you were not allowed to display race numbers on a road going car? Do you have special dispensation?

The down side of the height above the wheels is when you are along side a HGV, scary but probably no less dangerous than being in a Corsa!
Wasn't aware of any issues about displaying race numbers on a road car myself. Funnily enough I've just been looking at the configurator for the Fiat 500 and they offer a bonnet roundel with '5' in it as a factory fit option.

Anyway, they're not race numbers, they just help me pick my car out of the hundreds of similar repmobiles in the car park when I forget where I've parked it...

As for coming alongside bigger vehicles, it's not as intimidating as you'd think. There's a big roundabout on the A10 at King's Lynn (The Hardwick), where the lanes aren't marked too well so people tend to change lanes without indicating. Or looking. I admit that I'm a bit wary when there's a truck, van or cyclist alongside me there, but I just keep my wits about me and hover a hand over the horn button.

Rain is forecast for today so it's back to the tin top I'm afraid

Dyno time is booked again for Monday though, so should have a few interesting facts 'n 'figures then.