View Single Post
Old 7th August 2014, 20:13
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road
Default The all new sammio spyder

I want to start this adventure on the right foot and although the Sammio Coridite/Ribble Navigator and the Sammio Spyder/Ribble Pilot have been OK they have never been good just " good value for money".
So those who have purchased them have had to put up with the "problems" they did and still have.

You only have to look at what's been done with what's been made and the answer is always "WOW" because these little kits make great little cars but they could be so much better

Although some development went into the Sammio Coridite/Ribble Navigator it was not enough and more investment is needed, and if thing go right this will be done but as they continue to sell, and sell well, this is on the back burner for now.

The next project.

A few months back I got hold of a set of moulds and a buck designed and laid-up in the 80's for a Lotus Elan.

Since then these items have hung in my work shop awaiting the sun light and some inspiration

The idea of taking over SAMMIO has given me the "kick-up-the-ass" I needed.

A phone call and a meeting with Chris and Dan from Tribute Automotive (at which many cups of tea and packets Hob-Nobs where consumed) the moulds left my work shop and headed for Weymouth.

The original idea was to simply "adjust" the moulds to fit a Triumph Spitfire but again after tea and biscuits we decided the go for broke and create the NEW SAMMIO SPYDER

There are no photos at the moment as Chris has not up-loaded them yet but here's a reminder of the original buck.
Some of you will notice the profile lines of the MGA

Major work so far.
The buck has been made longer and wider to fit the Spitfire.
The nose has been adjusted to have recessed lights G-46 style along with the original Spyder's grill

It will be availiabe with or with-out the hump, but unlike the original Spyder the hump is well suited to the driver.

Although it will be several weeks or even months before it finished and ready, I think with Chris and Dan on-board the new SAMMIO SPYDER will be well worth waiting for.

Anyone fancy having a go at building one of the proto types??
A little birdie told me MR T said he was bored and might be looking for another project

As I have said WATCH THIS SPACE
Available from eBay