View Single Post
Old 7th January 2015, 23:06

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Recap and a new challenge?

The road going Scimitar was originally purchased in 2011 as a donor vehicle for a Sammio G46 conversion to be used for the September 2012 London to Athens rally. After various delays (see previous entries ad nauseam) the partly converted vehicle was delivered 7 months after the conclusion of the rally it was intended to enter. In storage (garden ornament) since April 2013 was considered to be a long term project rather than the 'quick and dirty' fix as envisioned for 2012.

I recently saw an advert by Messrs. Classic Rally Tours for their 'Italian Lakes Rally 2015'. Having enquired if my '95 Alfa Romeo Spider could be accepted I was advised that it could take part but would not be eligible for any prizes as it was not... 'a classic'. Being a little competitive I rejected their kind offer and wondered if the Scimitar could possibly be ready for this event which starts on 29 August 2015.

The entry deposit deadline is 3 April 2015 with the full amount being paid by 20 June 2015. The deposit is returnable up to this point so that will be the point where I go round the room looking for Go/No Go Poll

With 100% commitment to the project and no deviation to the plans I have formulated over the last 18 months and everything arriving on time and within budget this may be possible...

(Re-reads entry, laughs, pours another large whiskey and goes back to reading Octane Magazine...)