View Single Post
Old 5th November 2016, 14:31

Paul L is on a distinguished road
Default Triumph Swordfish 1500

Swifty - Thanks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Roadster - Cheers, the cockpit is pretty small, but you are welcome to try the passenger seat.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wind Chill:
Another busy week at work, but squeezed in a short, but refreshing, blast around in the Swordfish earlier today.

My head and hands switched to their 'Autumn' wardrobe.

But a t-shirt and (lined) golfing jumper were enough to keep my body warm.

Although I was quickly reminded of my motorcycling days as I slowly lost the feeling in my exposed face.

Just one quick photo opportunity…

But I had to make a quick stop at the local 'corner' shop on my way home.

I was just paying when two of my 'workshop regulars' popped in, a Hungarian grandmother and her English grandson.

The granny's English isn't great, but she has often stopped for a chat and loves the car.

Her grandson is a typical young lad with lots of questions whenever he is with her.

I was particularly impressed when he remembered the car was called a Triumph Swordfish on his last visit.

Anyway, the granny asked how the car was and was pleasantly surprised when I pointed at it sitting outside.
( They have only seen it on my driveway never on the road. )

So I offered to give the grandson a quick spin around the block.

He almost exploded with excitement and kept repeating "It's my luckiest day."

The granny took loads of photos and by the time she had walked to my house I had arrived via the scenic route.

It only took a few minutes around a couple of streets, but that takes spreading joy to a new level.

So until next time, take care, Paul.

PS
During one of the low points of the build I treated myself to a WWII style flying jacket to raise my spirits.
But I think I will need to upgrade my hat and gloves to that sort of standard for real winter driving.