View Single Post
Old 21st March 2015, 11:27

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Looking forward to following this build Mr T, are you looking to sell the sammio or starting a classic collection.
Cheers Swifty, I won't be selling the Spyder any time soon - I suggested I might do to my wife but she's put her foot down and told me to keep it - so I guess it's the start of a pseudo-classic collection.

Ultimately I'd like to use the SWB as a tow car for the Spyder (it gets a bit blustery on the motorway), but that may not be possible - there may not be a big enough weight differential and I might not be able to safely adapt a (detachable) tow bar for the extra length of the SWB body.

The sticking point for me at the moment is my finances - I'll definitely have the cash for this project in January 2017 as I get a lump sum with my retirement package, but there's something in the pipeline that means it's 90% certain that I'll be able to proceed later this spring or summer.

At the moment I'm just taking the opportunity to accumulate the parts necessary to get on with it quickly when I can afford to buy the kit.

I'm watching both Geoff and Bob's (kebab) threads with a great deal of interest as I can't believe how good the SWB is starting to look.

More later.