View Single Post
Old 28th September 2016, 17:28

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Joking aside guys ..as in reality its not really very funny , but I cant help but see the funny side in most things ... I don't think its fair to moan about something or someone without them having a fairchance to respond ...so , I will break down the part of the reply I received in order for a fair response to be posted ...

SAMMIO is now a registered trade mark along side this is the construction/assembly of the said product which is also protected.
(I can supply details of the said copyrights).

fair enough ..can't argue with copyright legislation ...

As the registered custodian of the SAMMIO trade mark and its build rights it would have been nice to be consulted on it's use!!. Sadly I was not.

As all business relating to S*mmio had been put into Tribute control ...I didn't feel the need to speak or gain permissions from anyone other than Tribute

More importantly you do not have my consent to build SAMMIO on a commercial basis!

As I don't claim to be affiliated or acting as a build agent , but merely an independent builder free to build any commercially available kit , I didn't think I needed permissions as such ..

In doing so you will be in breach of copyright.

Doubt that ...

If some body wants a SAMMIO built then I will build it myself after all I am also an established kit builder.

Fair enough ...if the marque suddenly took off again and was as busy as it has been ...ie ...half a dozen builds required at same time ..whats your plan ? Also can you clarify my understanding of the above ...if somebody buys a kit from you and pays a 3rd party to do any work relating to the build on their behalf without giving you first refusal , they may well be in breach of copyright ? If partial work is exempt , then at what percentage of the build process does it transfer to kit build rather than partial build or works carried out ? This is important because builders like Paul L on here that authorised a 3rd party to do mechanical work on their S*mmio and MOT work from my recollection , may well be in breach of your legislation as I can see nothing in Paul's thread ( and he is very thorough ! ) that mentions a conversation with yourself before he authorised a 3rd party ...
If you find out that a 3rd party has built S*mmio's for profit ...whats the procedure to rectify that ?..a local guy has built one for resale fairly recently AND I'VE SOLD 3 PART BUILTS THIS YEAR ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 28th September 2016 at 23:17.. Reason: inadvertently forgot to use an asterix in the brand name , leaving myself open to prosecution.