View Single Post
Old 19th November 2016, 18:14

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

PAUL , THANKS FOR PUTTING THE PICS UP ..I am having some issues with my photobucket account at the moment , not sure why , it logs me in but just returns to the log in page ..

Yes hinges will be attached to the internal frame ...The tubular bracing will be a feature of the car and not hidden away ..I have a local tube company lined up to make the side rails once I have patterned them ..rear frame will be remarkably similar to the rear of a S*mmio .
I really like the hinges on No. 47 , they look like late Spit boot hinges drilled ..I have some of those but not an unlimited supply , so will probably try and get a similar thing laser cut for me to use ..
Bootlid is looking like probably going to be a side mounted pin and latch affair to lift it off , rather than hinged ..I want to bootlid to climb into the headrest at the moment , but , as already proven , things change and develop along the way ..
Vents on the side will be a version of a Mistral styled vent ..
Bonnet is going to be a heavily modded Z300S bonnet I got from Tribute (thankyou) chopped , channeled , section , tweaked and fettled to create a flip upper section with less of a droopy nose and more of a Ferrari-esque grille like the 410s and 625 trc renderings ....

I wanted the shorter doors and upright A pillar to get away from the obvious Cordite and Miglia renderings which were based around Porsche 550 doors at the time as well as allowing me to use a prettier internal frame and bracing with the higher sill ....