View Single Post
Old 9th April 2019, 04:28

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Lucky – Great to see a photo of your car on the road, it really looks the business.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
… loads of interest in the car. Spent hours talking to people and answering questions.

They parked me between an early Bugatti and the oldest, still on the road, 1910 Morgan, amazing !
As part of the justification for your selling price, just remember it is this kind of reaction that you are selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
Well worth paying for a dateless (not Irish) plate, I'm sure it will increase the sale price.
That may depend on what any potential new owner already has to play with.
( As Lucky is aiming, justifiably, higher up the car buying food chain than most. )

E.g. A guy down my street bought a second hand Aston Martin Rapide.

He then sold his old Range Rover and transferred the personal plate he had on that over to the Aston.

Having said that, I obviously thought it was worth paying for a 1965 C plate for my own car.

Quote:
I'm not familiar with changing reg numbers, I've never done it because to me it isn't that important. Could it be swopped with an old plate of the old black and white style ?
Quote:
The TR is registered as a 2007 on the V5. The donor car in the beginning being 1973 and that reg being used on the subsequent "7" that was built and put through SVA.
You might need some expert advice on this, as it would depend on how the SVA registration date is treated.

Is your car in the historic tax class based on the 1973 donor/registration number?

Or is it considered to be a 2007 car and not eligible for ‘free car tax’?

If it is a 2007 car, you could still put an ageless registration number on it, but not (legally) use black and white plates.

However, if it is considered to be a 1973 car for tax, you can have both the ageless reg and black and white plates.

E.g. My car had a 1980 donor and I have a 1965 C reg with old fashioned black plastic letters on a yellow plate at the rear.

Unfortunately, I have to wait until 2021 before I can (legally) use the traditional black and white plate at the back.

Hope that helps (a bit), Paul.

PS
More photos please.