View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2015, 20:04

morris is on a distinguished road

hey that's a thought, maybe it's the gearbox causing the vibration
No, it works fine and changes are nice and smooth, well, provided I press the clutch down properly. It takes a strong left leg with the current setting.

I've basically worked out where the mid point of rebound setting is on both front and rear dampers and set to that now. I'm going to get a full day of testing in tomorrow so should be able to play around with things a bit.

One thing I did notice when I had the car jacked up is the front NS wheel has a slight buckle. I thought I'd put the dodgy one at the back deliberately as you'll notice it less there but now I'm wondering. Hopefully that's all it is and I've found the problem rather than I now have 2 buckled wheels

The other things I noticed on my test drive were that the oil temp never got really warm on the whole 6 mile round trip, maybe 50 degs. This may be because there's so much air flow round the sump or that 6 miles just isn't long enough.

I've also noticed that oil pressure isn't really getting very high on my gauge and the light blinks now and again. The oil level is good but I did add some of that tappet loosening stuff (can't remember the name) a year back when I had the VANOS rattle issues. The oil seems more like the consistency of veg oil than engine oil so I wonder if it's a bit thin. A change wouldn't hurt I think.