View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2013, 13:58

cabbage is on a distinguished road

Sure :-) i'll get on to that tonight as there has been a bit of progress since :-)

The main areas i attached the body were

1) Alu sheeting around the bulkhead, this is composite bonded and riveted to the front of the body all around the front lip.

2) the top of the sides where you get in and out are riveted and bonded to the alu tub sidewalls.

3) the rear of the cabin, tob and frame are sandwiched, bonded and riveted in place.

4) aluminium brackets stretch from the fuel tank supports to the body either side of the access hatch. The load is spread via alu strips which are riveted down each side of the rear.

5) semi-circular alu plates are riveted and composite bonded to the outriggers, these mat up perfectly to the isdie of the rear body, stopping any vibrations, this gives enough support to sit on quite easily.

Tips)

1) I use rubber seals along any sharp edges of aluminium which are not bent over to avoid rubbing and damaging the body.

2) I use composite bond from a mastic gun style tube on all surfaces where the alu, fram and body meet to absorbe and vibration and avoid fatigue from the rivets, its very very strong stuff.