Thread: Stewarts build
View Single Post
Old 6th October 2012, 22:51

Psycho pops is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
Wow, that looks like quite a bridge you've gapped there. So, does this mean you can do without any scoops or bulges for clearance? Just remind me what engine you're running?

This stage is pretty exciting, though, isn't it? The final hurdle is definitely in sight...
Towed its just a lowly 1300 Spitfire engine, but it looked like the Radiator top hose would fowl, with this slight mod theres no need for any bulge or scoop, although probably more work involved if I am to achieve the clean shut line I want..

I must say I am enjoying this stage more as every step is that little bit closer to the end.

One other point I have found, my Clutch and Brake Cylinders are so far under the front I cant get the top off them if left as standard, this is partly due to the fact I was concentrating on getting the body to wrap the side rails and may sit a little lower than norm, however it doesnt explain why mine sit so far back under the top panel, worse now I have extended it.
Oh well just another solution to find, I can raise the front of the cylinder brackets by just enough to get access to the tops, other than the fluid reaching the brim of the pot I dont think it will affect the operation of the pedals or function in any way, unless someone out there knows better...

Cheers Pops