View Single Post
Old 25th March 2015, 06:30

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

Dave, Not sure what dis means but guessing it means dismiss. If somebody puts a creation which as you say has obviously taken a lot of effort, thought and time to create,up for public auction they do lay themselves open to a little gentle criticism.

We do have an interest in what is present on our roads, we have to drive among among them. In reality I doubt this creation would stand a snowballs chance in hell of ever passing an MOT in it's present form but it could have the potential to be put on the road. If it were pre 1960 (which it clearly isn't) it wouldn't even have to pass an MOT.

As for the brass tube, it isn't the steering column, the rack is much further back almost under the floor. I THINK, it might be the handbrake... I can't see any evidence of a handbrake in the cockpit, looking in the engine bay the tube contains a link which seems to pull a lever, right next to a brake disk...

Not sure if the auction has ended or not.

It would be a good starting point for a project of some sort, cars with chassis are our only way of creating specials nowadays since we can't create our own or alter body shells without the issues surrounding the IVA. If I weren't up to my elbows in the Marlin I could be tempted myself, most of the bits are there and it's not an expensive project, a few sheets of aluminium and it could be a nice little car.