View Single Post
Old 13th November 2008, 17:13
Kit Car Dreamer

sconcia is on a distinguished road

Southampton's pretty accurate. About 10k north of there really.

My brother-in-law lives in Wimborne and we do visit occasionally. So might leave the family there and take you up on the offer of a ride at some point thanks.

The problems/issues that spring to mind are:
exhaust not fitting
hydraulic clutch recommended
engine mounts not great
problem with driveshafts (might have made that one up but I seem to remember someone did them differently!!)
which ecu solution to take

Actually that's not many, and a couple of years ago I probably would have seen them as challenges rather than problems. But also at last one person mentioned the twitchiness of the chassis. And I guess if the chassis twitches I'd rather it did it with 120hp, than just as 200hp of vtec kicks in!!

I suppose the overall issue is that although I'm good at following instructions, I don't have the experience to sort things out differently. So for example, the fact that the spliine of the uj on the steering column doesn't match the steering rack means I need to find a different column I believe. But I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for and so it brings things to a grinding halt. I just want to avoid things like this as much as possible really.

And my chassis is 2 years old (so big thanks to chrislandy for making me feel a bit better!!). Not sure which type it is.