View Single Post
Old 14th April 2015, 15:12

GazDavies is on a distinguished road

There hasn't been a whole lot of progress on the car however I have removed almost all of the unwanted/Unneeded parts of the donor. For this nothing special was needed just an 8mm and 10mm socket, a 30 and 50 Torqs, quite a lot of the skin from my knuckles and a good dose of colourful language. I still have one or two things to remove like the air con fan and some brackets on the top of the windscreen which contain torqs that somebody has rounded off

I have been looking at buying the items I will need to build it but due to going on holiday in the morning I have wanted to buy anything that I couldn't collect or have delivered quickly. Ive spent many hours on eBay and managed to somehow buy 2 sets of wheels. The first set are some 15 inch steels like MrT as they were only £100 delivered and are a safe bet as I know that they will both fit and look OK.

Although they seem to be in very good condition, I will clean them up and spray them silver at some point.

The second set Im still to decide if I actually like them or not for the SWB. They came from a Corvette that was imported to the UK which happens to have (almost) the same pcd as BMW. I quite like the dummy spinners and if you squint at the wheels they kind of look similar to Borranis. I have not yet test fitted them but I think that they should fit.

As I can only fit one set I will take a further look at them when I get back from holiday and decide which wheels to use, the other set will go back on eBay.

I managed to sell a few parts of the donor also and managed to get £122 for the electric hood and £18 for the bonnet. I was offered £25 for the mirrors but they broke in the process of removal so went in the bin as did the lower sills which were rotten and rear wheel arches as they were slightly damaged. The other parts will be sold off when I get the chance.