View Single Post
Old 28th April 2012, 18:51

davecymru is on a distinguished road

and now for some unexpected "gems"

Unexpected Heating

Rather than fitting one of those new fangled "heater" thingamajigs, just leave the gaiter off of your gear stick and the nice warm air that comes up from the exhaust and engine actually warms the interior up a treat! I was diving around the top of the Mendips at about 7degrees and i was nice and toasty!

Bilge pumps

If it rains, water gets in (funny ol thing!) but even the most basic of floor covering manages to keep the majority of water contained, and even the "sloshing" as you drive is quite amusing

My current flooring is only basic and based on 66 as i like the look and it was meant to be temporary, but it's growing on me and has proved to be surprisingly practical! although i did talk to someone at the Bath&West who has fitted a small bilge pump from an RC car to sort out any unwanted ingres on their classic! Personally I'd just drill a hole in the floor, but each to their own

Reflectors

I didn't like most of the after-market reflectors you can buy from the large spares shops, but i had to fit some so i stuck some round ones on there temporarily. But.... When i bought the donor mobility scooter for my boys' Toylander, it had the most Ideal rear reflectors on it, which have now found their way onto the Spyder and I'm very happy with how they look!