View Single Post
Old 5th January 2008, 21:31
Enthusiast

DavidH is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Terry, Mark,

Many thanks for your response to the forum, we all appreciate it.

I am very interested by some of your plans. Especially concerning the idea to create another forum. My first thought was why as we have this one, but after a few minutes more thought I changed my mind.

I guess this could actually work well in combination with this forum. This forum would to continue being a forum for builders by builders (e.g. may contain mod's as well as the general chatter that Marlin maybe does not want to officially approve), also giving crucially an independant voice (this is important as without this forum I would never have placed an order, I wanted to see what I was getting into warts and all first). The new forum would help by becoming a specific repository on specific support issues.

One of the things I did when I decided I was gonna build a 5exi was read the forum from start to finish (on the advice of Rich). So while hes been polishing his car to pursuade me to buy rather than build I took a month to read all the posts . It was very worthwhile and I hope I can remember where they all are when I need them. However I did think on many an occasion that some ordering of the posts under subject areas, would be beneficial now the forum has grown to the level it has .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5EXi girl View Post
This will then be superseded by a dedicated forum, which is currently being worked on and we plan to have this live by Spring 2008. We welcome any comments about this and suggestions of categories you would like to see up there.
The ones I would suggest off the top of my mind are:

General Discussion
Donor Questions
SVA tips and Advice
Suspension & Chassis
Brakes
Engine (K-Series)
Engine (Honda)
Electrics and Wiring
Bodywork
Tuning and Mod's
Social - Meetup's, Trackdays, Shows

I guess the other approach would be to split it up into the sections of the build manual, hence providing a way to update the build manual with the learning in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5EXi girl View Post
If any of you budding builders would like to be in at the beginning of this do please let me know.
I'm quite happy to help in anyway I can as I start building.

David.