View Single Post
Old 7th October 2009, 21:41

EddAllsop is on a distinguished road

Wow, so many replies. Realy appreciate your comments, nice to hear from like minded people. I appreciate the warm welcome. To reply to specific comments:
BigRich, thanks for the offer of alook at your car, may well take you up on it depending time. 50% of this adventure is wanting to build a car for myself, so it sounds like I've picked a good enough car. The other 50% is wanting an exciting car in terms of looks AND drive. I figure its all about that big silly grin they give you!! But yes, I suspect it will cost a bit more than I want to pay, but hope this forum will help me try and pre-empt too many unexpected surprises.

Limpabit - Yes , just a little bit nervous about build skills, but I thrive on hands on jobs, of which I figure there will be no shortages. In terms of donor, the seat leon seems much more available, and cheaper than the civic. Plus thanks for the map of other marlin builders could come in handy.

Nutter- Good to hear positive feed back so far. I'm very interested how your build goes as I'm hoping you will come across and solve specific leon donor problems before I have to!!! I hope you wouldnt mind keeping me up to date with any specific issues you find? I'd really appreciate any help you can give.

Rich Hope, hope you've managed to tame the front end ok?

John, appreciate your comments. I'm really hoping to be able to use the car as much as possible, and even for the daily commute. I'm planning a doored version (yes the corrigated roofing look!!). I'm fairly set on the audi 1.8t version as long as there's no obveous hurdles. My only fear is my lack of actual mechanical experience and ability to iron out the 'kinks' of a relatively unknown engine layout. I guess we'll see!!

Thanks very much for you time replying to this.
Edd