View Single Post
Old 28th September 2016, 09:17

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the replies Guys ... I am aware of the mistakes I have made in the past and my more recent builds have been very much on an hourly basis , work paid for when done ...its working out much better !!

I have not taken over the kits ...I had a conversation with Chris , who owns the Miglia and A352 and , as we all know , was handed control of the S*mmio by Micky1MO with this posting on their home page ...

"Due to unforeseen circumstances REPLICA RIDE will soon stop trading".

SAMMIO body moulds can still be ordered through at TRIBUTE AUTOMOTIVE.

Phone Chris on 07901544241 or info@tributeautomotive.com

Chris is so busy and frustrated that he cannot spare the time to promote these bodyshells properly ...we negotiated a small 'trade' discount and I agreed to offer them at the same retail price as himself , giving people choices , but also took the oppurtunity to promote a part build service as well...
So , in theory , I GET PAID , CHRIS GETS PAID , THE DEAL WITH REPLICA RIDES FINANCIALLY IS UNAFFECTED , Potentially more sales ..everyones a winner ...

Unfortunately , my advert was complained about , has been removed and I have received the following communication from Micky1MO..

SAMMIO is now a registered trade mark along side this is the construction/assembly of the said product which is also protected.
(I can supply details of the said copyrights).
As the registered custodian of the SAMMIO trade mark and its build rights it would have been nice to be consulted on it's use!!. Sadly I was not.
More importantly you do not have my consent to build SAMMIO on a commercial basis!
In doing so you will be in breach of copyright.
If some body wants a SAMMIO built then I will build it myself after all I am also an established kit builder.

SO I AM NOT SURE WHERE WE ALL ARE AT THE MOMENT ...It would appear Chris is not in full control any longer , No one can use the phrase ''Samm*o ' without RR's permission ..which is a fucker as its my sons nickname ....

So , just to be safe guys ..be very careful when referring to your project ...Paul L , you had the right idea calling yours a Swordfish !! and if anyone is building with the intention of selling theirs ...just be aware of the legal implications !!!

POSSIBLY TIME FOR A SIMILARLY LOOKING , SIMILARLY BUILT VARIANT TO HIT THE MARKET ..ME THINKS ..