View Single Post
Old 9th January 2019, 22:24

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick O'Malley View Post
Today's sortie in the A352 was to the Prescott breakfast club meeting, as mentioned above. The morning drive down along almost deserted roads was delightful, the six-pot loving the cool moist air. I arrived to be hailed by Alex, whose Formosa was gleaming in the early sunshine. After initially being directed to the Jaguar area, I confessed my car's humble origins and moved to a slightly more appropriate location, amongst some classic British metal.

There was an excellent turnout, especially of Morgans, Porsches and Jaguars. Amongst the others were a few (to my eyes) real gems, including this '57 MGA, under whose bonnet lurked a 3.5 litre Rover V8, a beautifully done conversion.

Two others, also green, caught my eye, an MG and a Volvo.

Wandering back to my car to field some more interested enquiries, I was asked by a lady if it was a Tojeiro. After I'd explained its fraudulent genesis she told me of her childhood when the Ecurie Ecosse transporter was often parked outside her home. It turned out that she was John Tojeiro's daughter. She had her grandson, who looked about three years old, in tow, who announced that he was going to be a racing driver when he grew up. A thoroughly delightful encounter which really made my day.

Regards, Mick
Good to see your car featured on the Prescott Breakfast Club web page for 2019 ! The first one this year is 14th April.

Another event not too far away is the Bromyard Speed Festival. The whole town centre is cordoned off for fast parade laps. Lots of classic cars and bikes. I've applied to enter my 250 TR. Date is 7th April