View Single Post
Old 7th April 2019, 18:05

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Default Bromyard Speed Festival

Today's sortie in the A352 was to the above event. Setting off along the deserted A38 at 0700 I noticed a slight fluffiness in the throttle response at low revs, more of this anon. On arrival I was directed to a small veteran and vintage area where I immediately espied Lucky@LeMans' Testarossa, looking rather fabulous.

A little further on I spotted these redoubtable ladies in Myrtle, their Peking-Paris mobile. Respect!

Wandering around the paddocks I came across XKD603 - the real thing - with its corporal nose stripes. Envy doesn't come close!

In another of the paddocks, amongst a very mixed bag, was this glorious Lister, with a beautifully patinated cockpit, which I neglected to photograph . More mega envy.

Almost everyone else had departed by the time the last of many parents had taken snaps of their offspring in front of the A352. I jumped in and she refused to start - aaaaaaaaargh! A gent pulled up next to me in a Cinquecento, leant out of the window and asked "Is it a Triumph?", then "Is it a six?" "Diaphragms in your Strombergs, he said." Another punter, overhearing, said "I used to replace them at every service when I worked for Triumph." A squirt of Easy Start had her purring, sort of, and I got home and had her covered before the rain started. I shall certainly be buying and fitting the recommended items forthwith.

Despite this hiccup, a fab day out.

Regards, Mick