View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2006, 13:25
Enthusiast

kitcarman is on a distinguished road

Concerning Donington; I’ve received approximately 6 reports from manufacturers. The following is a slightly edited version of one; and is attributed to Annon to protect the innocent:-
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Typical Manufacturers Viewpoint
….. Fibly almost had a mutiny on his hands at Donington... it was pretty limp anyway, but at 12.50pm on the Sunday, Fibs announced over the tannoy that the racing was starting. He might as well have shouted "FIRE - LEAVE THE BUILDING"! It was genuinely like the place was being evacuated! Few returned and, as a result, there were many disgruntled traders who told Fibly just what they thought.

Then he told exhibitors they couldn't leave until 5pm and, in-effect, locked them in! A few took their equipment, piece by piece, out through the public entrance, which was minded by Fibly who was about as successful at stopping the flow as he would have been nailing jelly to the wall!

Many will not return to exhibit next year. All of Sunday afternoon’s trade was lost. Disgruntled is an understatement.
It’s what I expected/predicted. It’s showing the same signs of decline as was evident at Stafford in its last years. The weather was brilliant, yet visitor numbers were down and fewer exhibitors were present. The only increases were in its prices!

In all honesty, the question is: what chance does any kit car show have when it bans Kit Car magazine and refuses to advertise in it?

On the bright side: Cookie tells me that Exeter is absolutely full with exhibitors (over 50 manufacturers) and that 6 new kit car launches are to take place. See you there on November 18th / 19th. The full Exeter show guide is, as usual, printed in the November issue of Kit Car which comes out on 12th October.

Den