View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2013, 14:44

Bobnic is on a distinguished road
Default Iva test passed!

22nd July will be forever etched on my memory as the day our Sportster passed its IVA at Vosa Bristol! Couple of close calls, but overall the guy was very fair. He never even picked up the spheres of doom, check about 3 points for radius, had a brief look at seat mountings etc, but again didn't get too bogged down with the prescribed tolerances/requirements. Had to bend over the ball joint washers on the front whilst there and re-align the headlights a bit, and disconnect and disable/remove (and then plug the holes with grommets) the 2 extra side repeaters that were 2 too many, one is all that is allowed apparently.

Then major brake testing, which looked pretty brutal, but passed with loads of extra in reserve, self centred ok, he was (dare I say it) very impressed with the quality of the kit, and the build we had put together.
Had the sound level checked, with revs at 5,500. Db Limit apparently is 99db, clocked in at 98.9, he even checked it twice, and read 98.8 second time! I kid you not!

So now just have the DVLA paperwork to sort (any help would be great fully received btw), and the M3 based Sportster is good to roar through the Cotswolds!

Thanks for all your help guys, without your tips/build diaries to follow, we would never have got to this momentous day!
Available from eBay