View Single Post
Old 24th July 2013, 07:56

Chris Cussen is on a distinguished road

Well done!
I don't know where you will go for registration, but beware in Bristol! First of all you have to trailer the car there (goodness knows why as you can drive it to the IVA test). DVLA in Bristol is in a cul-de-sac, AND there are only single rows of car parking spaces, so if you haven't towed before its a nightmare!

Furthermore the inspection is redundant, as it checks only what is on your IVA form!

Next, in Bristol there is one guy (at least back in 2009) who, regardless of the evidence thinks all kit cars should be Q plated. You MUST ask what the registration mark will be, have loads of evidence it should be non-Q (i.e. old log book, build photos etc.) and stick to your guns. I had to get him to finally go onto DVLA's own website and argue the toss with him.

Further more DVLA don't seem to be the most efficient organisation. They first issued my logbook to a random address in Lancashire (I live in Somerset), The next attempt described the car as a Sierra 5 door hatchback in blue (actually Marlin Carbrio in green), then next attempt has nearly everything right except the chassis had some digits transposed. Otherwise it was a really good service!

Last edited by Chris Cussen; 24th July 2013 at 07:57.. Reason: typo