View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2014, 18:56

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Cheers matey.

Despite saying that i was going to leave the rear of the chassis how it was, i decided to strip all of the rear end down anyway, as i'd only regret it if i didn't and i have a few weeks before the kit turns up.

So seeing as i'd been abandoned today (Cub fun day!) i had the garage to myself all day

So 4 hours with a filament wheel (my new toy for this build and very nice it was!) and the chassis was stripped and cleaned from the front outriggers backwards. and i looked like i'd just come up out of the mines!

Another regret on the last build was not using red oxide, so this time i invested in some etch red oxide!

That dried remarkably quickly in all of this heat! Which meant that i also then manged to get the chassis black on

And before the totally knackered Cubs returned i even had time to sort out the petrol tank.

So a bit of a mammoth session that's been put me well in advance of where i thought i'd be by now and ended with a bottle of "Daddys apple Juice", or Henry Westerns finest 8.4% if i'm being totally honest!