View Single Post
Old 24th November 2016, 21:49

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Glan had a day on the car today ... he cut the Miglia door to fit our new aperture and gapped it with the 3mm hardboard pieces I cut out for him ..The doors have a flat spot on the top , not as flat as the original S*mmio , but still flatter than I want on this body re-vamp ..so Glan has tweaked them and bogged them up to have a much more appropriate roll to them from top to bottom ...I decided I didn't want the door to end at the cockpit edge without any detail ...so a slightly raised radius has been introduced to that edge ..I'll take some pics tomorrow ...and the sides of the cockpit now have a curve to them when viewed from , front , rear or above as opposed to the straight sides on the originals ....pictures will show it better than I can describe ...

I found a few hours to glass , foam and fill the drivers side rear valance area and make a start for Glan to shape it up using the slice patterns ...hopefully tomorrow should see the rear wing sections shaped up a bit and I want to find the time to re-position the rear arch and reshape it on the drivers side to match whats been done on the opposite rear wing ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 24th November 2016 at 21:52..