View Single Post
Old 4th March 2017, 15:04

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Jeff H - I did try to find a way to mount the GoPro that would recreate the original camera angle.

Unfortunately, I just couldn't find any way of securing the camera in place that would actually work at all.

Thankfully, I did feel slightly better when I found these photos of how the professionals did it!

So my cheap and cheerful alternative was to use an extendable 'selfie stick'.

I taped the stick to the back of the car for the exhaust shot and to the side of the car for the wheel view.

I was able to adjust the length of the stick until it was roughly at the right height off the ground.

Although it took a few attempts before I managed to get the camera pointing in the right direction.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Saturday Spin:
Needed to collect my new rear stop/tail light from the Post Office, which seemed like a good excuse for a run out.

Then I took a bit of a detour on the way back and have now clocked up a total of 903 miles.

I left the car parked on the street when I got home, so I could let the engine cool down.

Later on I was able to check, and top up, the engine oil, which is still weeping out.

The big kid in me still loves the fact that this bonnet opens on hinges I made myself.

The really good news is that there was definitely some warmth in the sunshine today.

So until next time, take care, Paul.