View Single Post
Old 11th March 2017, 13:23

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Deggy - The photos of your bonnet hinges looked good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lancelot, Jeff & Mr T - Thanks for all the feedback/suggestions and I will have some Barry Sheene #7 roundels.

Based on today's weather I think the time to start prepping for paint is not too far off.

As I had set myself the target of at least 1,000 shakedown miles and I am less than 80 away from that now.

I am just debating whether to get the car back to JY CLassics to get the oil leak sorted out before or after paint.

The other thing I am a still battling with is the standard of "smoothness" I will be aiming for.

Don't get me wrong, I have no intention of doing a botched paint job, but I do not want/need a glass like finish.

I think as long as I sort out the main 'lumpy' bits, I'd be happy with an overall "lived in" look.

I've also applied for the one of the Goodwood Breakfast Club meetings in June, so that is a good target.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Springtime in London for Swordfishes…

After another really hectic week at work, it was great to be out with the sun shining today.

It was certainly warm enough to encourage the 'fair weather' convertible drivers to get their roofs down.
( I passed 4 today. )

In fact, by the time I had nipped into Sainsburys on the way home it was warm enough to ditch my outer layers…

And drive the last mile or so in a t-shirt.

I also had my first offer of a straight car swap (although just for the day) while stopping for petrol.

When a young man offered me his immaculate Audi TT RS coupe in exchange for my car, as it was "Dope".

Until next time, take care, Paul.

Last edited by Paul L; 11th March 2017 at 19:21..