View Single Post
Old 14th March 2017, 07:36

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Paul, had you thought about painting the car in yacht paint?
We had a yacht in Essex a few years back and every few years we would paint the hull in navy blue with international paints paint. Put it on with a fine foam roller and a fine foam brush for the nooks and crannies. You do get excellent results for very little effort. The paint is designed to flow out and not run, as you can imagine, painting a hull is all vertical so you need a paint that won't sag. If you scratch it, just give it a rub with a scotch pad and go other that area with the roller again, you won't see the blend. I recon £45 on paint. You would need a colour that would give that patina effect, BRG or dark blue would work well.
I would suggest putting a garden gazebo up with side curtains so you can give the inside a good spray with fly killer before you start, stops the little buggers landing on the wet paint. I have been using a bit of thinners in the gun to give the gazebo a good dousing 5 minutes before spraying and it has worked well. I did spray one sill out of the gazebo as I was out of room and rushing. Every flying thing for miles was attracted to in in minutes.
Only downside is if you decide to paint it properly later you would have to sand it off.

Last edited by Jaguartvr; 14th March 2017 at 07:39..