Thread: Project MXico
View Single Post
Old 26th June 2016, 21:06

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
I think they can prosecute if there are any sharp edges exposed. Other than that I can't see a problem. Probably just a tug as it looks a bit of a shed (not meant as a nasty comment) and they wanted to check driver/insurance/tax etc.

I was standing next to my MOT tester a few months ago and a rather dirty and unloved looking car pulled up, he just commented before the driver had got out "thats a fail". Asked him why and he said anyone who looks after a car and keeps in in that state won't be looking after it, it failed on a long list.
I now always make sure any car is washed and vacuumed before taking it for an MOT.

Anyway, it's Chris's own fault, he should have been hard at work finishing the 275, not out enjoying himself.

If you think my mx is a shed you should see my W reg Ranger pickup, not washed since I bought it in November last year, dented and scratched, very dirty interior due to work clothes, yet it flew through its MOT last month, new tyres and zero rust helped : ) I personally never look after my daily drivers, they are expendable and usually get driven onto the scrapyard weigh bridge. I am going to start work on a car that I care about soon, the parts required are coming together....